Taking Medications: What You Need to Know to Stay Safe
When taking any kind of medication or drug, you need to be precarious. Staying hydrated with the help of https://customwater.com/bulk-bottles-wholesale/ is very important, especially when taking medication. If you are not hydrated or start taking medication on an empty stomach, your stomach can get irritated and you can start having side-effects. This article provides general guidelines for taking medications including learning more about the medications you take, how and when to take them, and questions you should ask your doctor before leaving his/her office with prescriptions.
What information should I always share with my healthcare provider?
Tell your healthcare provider (your doctor, nurse, pharmacist and dentist):
- If you are allergic to any medications or have had an unusual reaction to any medication, food, or other substance
- If you are currently taking any other medications (including over-the-counter medications) or dietary supplements, such as herbal preparations, vitamins, and minerals. Eye drops should be included in your list. Some skin lotions also contain medicines, just don’t become addicted to them, or you will find yourself looking up information about How to Deal with Stress After Rehab from medicine addiction.
- If you are pregnant, think you might be pregnant, or plan to become pregnant
- If you are breastfeeding
- If you are following a special diet, such as a low-sodium or low-sugar diet
- If you have any other medical problems other than the one(s) for which your medication is being prescribed
- If you have problems taking medication
Note:__ The following information is general guidelines. Be sure to ask your healthcare provider for guidelines specific to the medications you take.